Wednesday, February 10, 2010

True or False: You won tickets from a radio station?

If True, share your experience please.





which radio station?





what type of tickets?True or False: You won tickets from a radio station?
It goes back, way back. I won 2 tickets to see the Ohio Players from KZEN in 1979.True or False: You won tickets from a radio station?
True, twice from Q104.3, before they turned into a classic rock station.





First was Metallica at the Orange County Fairgrounds, NY, in 1994, the second was Lollapalooza 96' at Randall's Island.


They were mosh pit tickets, the second time with backstage passes.
True





The last thing I won were tickets to some drag races at Sears Point.





Can't remember which radio station....
My friend won some tickets from Radio 1 about 8 years ago to go and watch lots of artists perform Christmas carols at a church in London.





After a drive through London in a Mini we arrived to see the 2nd half of the show and it was fantastic. Charleen Spiteri was amazing.
True.


I won Tickets to see Runrig and Right said Fred.


The Radio Station was BFBS Radio 1.
I won tickets from WONE 97.5 Akron. It was to go see Poison, Winger, Cinderella and Faster Pussycat. All I could think about was Beavis and Butthead cause of Winger!
true, WPLJ 95.5 Billy Joel Concert
false
True. I won tickets to a Bryan Adams concert because my wife wanted to see him.





The station was 104.1 in Allentown, PA. The question was ';What is Bryan Adams' middle name?'; I looked on a Bryan Adams fan web site and called in with the answer ';Guy.';
False.
True. Kind of at least. College radio station Kalx. One of the dj's would put me on the guest list for whoever was playing at the Elbow Room in San Francisco. I just needed to call her up and let her know I wanted them, it was very cool, oddly enough I never got to thank her in person.
Yes, I can't remember which station, but they were tickets to The Wedding Crashers
True





Red Dragon FM (a south wales radio station)





Party in the Park (an annual huge concert and fair type thing held in cardiff!)
False but I once won $250 from a radio station for being the right caller and giving the name and artist of a song.
Back in Indianapolis, Indiana





The radio hosts a talent show every yeart that everyone went to and I hadn't been going to the previous shows. I had heard how good the shows in the past were and this particular year I wanted to go.





The radio station said to be the whatever number caller and I got through. They made me put the phone on the floor and tapdance for my tickets!! LMAO!!


My girlfriend cracked up b/c she was on her way to work and heard me!! The dj was joking and said it sounded like I was doing a drive-by!





I ended up taking my girlfriend that heard me on the radio and we had a good time at the show.
true but i didn't go.For a night club in London a long time ago!
Yes, it was from a local Pop station several years ago to see the movie The Matrix 2
Nope I never!!


But 'go u' if you did!
false..
false
False
True i won tickets to 95sx birthday bash and got to see the Goo Goo Dolls...they sucked!
false
True/False.





I received a phone call from 97.1 The River, a local classic rock station while at work. They said I had won free tickets to a Steve Miller concert held at Chastain Park, which is near Atlanta. Unfortunately, I refused the tickets because I live about two hours away from the venue, and there was no way I would have been able to make it to the station to get the tickets until after work, and since the concert was on Saturday night, I did not want to fight the traffic you often find in a major city like Atlanta or surrounding towns/cities on a Saturday night, especially when there's a concert going on. I sometimes kick myself for turning down the tickets, but in the end it was for the better. I'm not much for large crowds.
Actually I did. It was from alocal Cork, Ireland radio station 96 FM and you had to make up a headline about a news story. The story was about a guy who tried to rob a football stadium bt turned on the floodlights when looking for the light switch. The caretaker on the grounds rang the guards. The headline I entered was ';Floodlight Robbery';, and believe it or not it won! The prize was one hour of bowling, 4 pizzas of choice and 4 pitchers of a beer of your choice. 4 of us went and it turned into a great night! First time I ever won anything !
False
False
TRUE!





I won VIP tickets to Arlington Race Track from 101.9fm The Mix, in Chicago.





The event included a buffet style lunch with open bar in the Secretary Suit. I looked it up and the suit was a few grand to rent out for an event. We got to bet on the horses at our own private bet guy (who was really nice!). I took my mom and we had a great time.
false
False. We couldn't get through because the line was busy. :(
True! I won tickets to see Poison in NYC at the China Club last month from PLJ! It was awesome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment